Sunday, November 17, 2013

Santa and His Sleigh Christmas Card

I had to create another card with a tag after the first one.  I love this stamp set from Inkadinkado.  I actually saw it online first on Pinterest when I was looking for silhouette images.  When I saw it at the store, I had to second guess myself and wonder if I own the set.  You know it is bad and you have too many stamps, when you have to wonder if you own it already.  I love the image of Santa and his reindeer riding through the night, it is so iconic.  The sentiment that goes with it is perfect too.  We read this poem numerous times throughout the holiday season.
I stamped the tag first with the sentiment in Versamark ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  I used Distress Broken China and Tumbled Glass to distress and color the tag.  Then I stamped Santa in Brilliance black ink.  I placed a red and white twine on the tag before placing it on a white cardstock layered with American Crafts POW glittered paper.  Love, love this glitter paper!  It is so sparkly and the glitter does not come off on your fingers too.  I used tree stickers from Martha Stewart on the bottom of the card.  Then I used a glitter pen to add shine on the reins of the sleigh and stars.  As a finishing touch, I added snowflake sequin from Lawn Fawn. 


This card was entered in the CAS-ual Friday Curtain Call Challenge.


3 comments:

  1. I just love the scene you created!!! It's adorable! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fabulous scene you created, love the ink blending. Thank you so much for joining us for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!