Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Blessing Card Using Silhouette Cameo

I had to create a separate post from my other Christmas Blessing card, mainly due to the different technique I wanted to share here.  I decided to cut out my nativity scene on my Silhouette Cameo.  I would have to stamp and scan the image in and then trace the image in my Silhouette Studio but through the magic of the Internet, all I had to do was trace the image and cut it out.  This is a video that shows you how to cut a stamped image in Silhouette and it is from Clever Someday.  Her blog is chock-full of goodies and information.  Love it!  Anyway, I scaled the image in Silhouette Studio so that it fits my oval.
Since I wanted my cut to remain intact and not have to deal with aligning everything again, I discovered this great technique from CleverSomeday.  After I cut the image out on my Silhouette Cameo and weed out what I don't want of my image, I placed Drywall Joint Tape over my image.  I used my spatula to lift up the image a little and have the cuts stick to the tape so I can lift up the whole image cut.
I turn over the tape with the image and placed glue on the image. 
I decided to change my background to one that I created with Distress inks(Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Black Soot) before I put the image completely down which is why it looks so different here.  I center the image onto the cardstock with the drawn oval and adhere the image to it and gently lift off the tape.  My spatula came in really handy for this technique.
Who knew I would be using something from the drywall department for my papercrafting purpose?!  My husband was quite surprised when I told him that I needed something from hardware store and it wasn't a plant or anything for him. 


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog




   You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!