Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Card With Santa Doing the YMCA

I absolutely love these stamps (Santa, CindyLoo and Rudolph)  from A Muse Studio that I got a couple of years ago.  They are just too adorable.  I did shy away from using them, simply because I have to color them.  Due to my recent discovery of my markers, I am actually looking for opportunities to color now.  I knew I wanted to create a background of some sort with the Peppermint Stripe stencil from Simon Says Stamp! 2013 Holiday kit.  I wanted something festive and bright, like a party.  Santa looks like he is doing the YMCA along with little CindyLoo there.  I must have holiday parties on my mind.  I know I am preparing for them quite a bit, since my kitchen see more of me than my craft room.  However, I am determined to have some free time to enjoy the holidays, instead of bustling about in a frenzy.

First, I used Distress inks, Barn Door and Mowed Lawn, on the stencil to create two different colored background before I cut 1/2" strips of both backgrounds.  I adhered the strips of background, alternating between red and green to a white cardstock.  I cut off any strips of paper hanging off the cardbase.  I stamped all the images from A Muse Studio in black Memento ink and used my markers to color them in, before I fussy-cut them out and mounted them onto the cardbase with foam adhesive.  Then I stamped the sentiment from A Muse Studio in black ink.  I fussy-cut the strands of lights from Recollection Jolly Jamboree pattern paper and glue them on.  For the finishing touch, I added a red rhinestone to Rudolph's nose and shine to the lights with Wink of Stella.     


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog



You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda, super cute scene you've created and your title made me laugh lol.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!