Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year!

Getting ready to ring in the new year.  My family and I had a little conversation about this past year's events.  We were busy, and had some nice milestones to boot.  I got a nice photo book for Christmas from my husband that he creates in Shutterfly.  It gives me a quick overview of the year's event.  It's one of my favorite gifts, and my husband does an awesome job with both arranging the photos that he took and creating the book.  I love being able to look back, especially since I keep falling short on my scrapbooking duties.  :-(  I always find myself saying, "We did that this year?!".  Everything always seem to be from so long ago to me now.  Probably because our days are so jammed pack with activities that everything gets pushed back.  Just like the saying goes, "Time flies when you are having fun".   
I love this ChicTag pattern paper (Good Tidings Tree Top) that came with the Simon Says Stamp 2013 Holiday kit.  I love the color and the triangles.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the sentiment and the numbers.  I used the font Contribute for the "hello" sentiment and Arial for the year.  I love this Contribute font and you can download it for free.  You can put it in your control panel font folder so that your Silhouette Cameo can pick it up.  This is a helpful video that shows you how to install fonts.  Anyway, I used my marker, Tranquil Teal, to color in the "hello".  For the year, I inked up each number with Versamark ink before sprinkling them with Egyptian gold embossing power and embossing all the numbers.  I repeat the steps of inking and embossing to get the most coverage.  I glue down the sentiment and used foam adhesive on my number to pop them up.  Quick and easy.




Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Love that patterned paper too! Thanks for sharing the font link. I am always on the hunt for great fonts. I love the gold that you added to your numbers. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!