Monday, December 9, 2013

Nordic Christmas Card

When I saw the Simon Says Stamp Holiday kit, it was filled with so many goodies that I wanted.  This Nordic snowflakes border stamp is one of my favorites.  I couldn't wait to use it!  I absolutely had to put a reindeer with this image.  It could possibly be due to, way too many exposure to holiday sweaters with reindeer and Nordic prints.  It's a classic combo for me.  I can't help but think of Colin Firth wearing his Christmas jumper and trying to look dignified with it on, in Bridget Jones' Diary.  As though that was ever possible!  Love that scene!  :-)

First, I stamped the Nordic Snowflake from Simon Says Stamp! Holiday Borders stamp set on green and red shimmer cardstock.  Then I cut a thin strip of the same cardstock before I adhere all the strips of cardstock to the white card base.  I stamped the reindeer from Hampton Art stamp set in black Brilliance ink and fussy-cut it out.  I added it to the card with foam adhesive after I color in the strap.  To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamps Holiday Hellos stamp set in black Brilliance ink and added shine to the reindeer's straps with a glitter pen.  A classic to me.  Love it!



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

1 comment:

  1. This is very cute! Great stamping! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!