Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Oh Deer, It's Snowing!

I had to create a card with a deer or two.  I see them everywhere, both in the papercrafting world, and around my house and along side of roads.  Of course, with all the snow we have been getting, I had to use this pattern paper from Chic Tags called Good Tidings Frost.  I know I should be shopping for other people, but I did splurge on myself too, and got the Simon Says Stamps 2013 Holiday kit.  First, I couldn't resist the Nordic Snowflake border stamp and the other goodies in there with the pattern paper just sealed its faith of ending up in my craft room.  What's a girl to do but succumb?!  Anyway, I always make a card for my number one fan, my husband.  We have been exchanging handmade cards since the beginning and I have every single one.  He loves deer and despite the destruction they create in my garden, not to mention the ticks they carry with them, they still look so peaceful and beautiful on our lawn.  This silhouette deer from Silhouette online store was the perfect deer.  I know that normally the buck has the antlers but my son found these other species of deer where the female has antlers too.  I just love the deer with antlers!

First, I cut the pattern paper to fit onto a A2 cardstock and layered it on top.  Then I cut the deer on my Silhouette Cameo and place them on top of the card.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Momenta with Versamark ink and white embossing powder on red cardstock.  I finished the card by adhering the sentiment to the card with foam adhesive.  Simple and easy!


This card has been entered in the Simon Says...Let It Snow Challenge and CAS-Fridays Let It Snow Challenge.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!