Friday, December 27, 2013

Winter Scene With Deer

I had to make this card over again.  This post shows the first card I made with the deer.  I had this idea and I just did not have the time to get it together.  I wanted to put birch trees in my scene with the deer, but I didn't have time to search for them.  It so happened that Silhouette online store had freebies for 12 days of Christmas and one of them was birch trees.  Perfect!  I finally had the time to do this now.  So my husband got his card a day late.  The funny thing was my boys were the one who asked for their cards from me.  It's good to know that they look for my cards.  I'm flattered!  :-)
First, I used the same pattern paper called Good Tidings Frost that came with my Simon Says Stamp 2013 Holiday kit on my cardbase.  Then I used my Cameo to cut the deers and birch trees as well as the frame for this card.  At this rate, my Cameo is neck to neck with my stove for the title of Most Used Appliance.  ;-)  Cutting the birch trees gave me a lovely negative image that I saved for some other project.  I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Holiday Hellos set in Brilliance Coffee Bean ink.  Then I used a red glaze pen to give part of the sentiment some color and a Sakura glitter pen on the other part of the sentiment for some shine.  I attached the birch trees to the frame and one of the deer to the cardbase using glue.  Finally, I used foam adhesive on the frame and the deer outside the frame to place it onto the cardbase.  I love the way this card came out and couldn't wait to give it to my husband.  I showed him this card first and then the other.  He agreed with me that this card is way better.  


This card is entered in Simon Says...Bling It On Challenge.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!