Monday, January 13, 2014

Basic Blue Pop-Up Birthday Card

I have been meaning to make this pop-up birthday card that I got from Silhouette Online Store a while ago when they had their 50% off sale on all birthday images.  I finally remember to use it this weekend when I was playing around with my Silhouette.  This card is for my father-in-law and I can't wait to present it to him.  He always gives me such nice compliments on my cards and creations.  He and my mother-in-law are two of my biggest fans and would always be amazed by my work.  They are super sweet!  So with my Silhouette, I had to take my card to the next level for them with something different on the inside.  
Pop-Up Birthday Card
For the front of my card, I used the layout from Freshly Made Sketches.  I recently found them and thought I try following them and challenge myself to different designs. 
First I layered the card base with strips of pattern paper from DCWV Winter Basics Stacks.  I used foam adhesive for the blue pattern paper to pop it up.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts on a circle die with Brilliance black ink.  I used foam adhesive to place it on a medallion die before placing it onto the card base.  Both dies were cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  I glue some star wood veneer from Studio Calico and added some glitter to the stars with a Wink of Stella pen.  Really simple to put this card together.
The inside of the card was all cut with my Silhouette Cameo and I used the pattern paper from the same stack as the front.  This pop-up card design is from Lori Whitlock and is really easy to assemble.  After I adhered everything, I used yellow and blue glaze pens on the candles.  I absolutely love pop-up cards!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog



You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card!! Great job with the pop up cake!! Very "sweet"!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and you've put your Silhouette to good use! (I love my Silhouette!). Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!