Monday, January 6, 2014

Roy G. Biv's Hearts

When I was making this card, all I could think of was Roy G. Biv, the acronym to help remember the colors of the rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet).  I'm really into Roy G. Biv lately.  Shhh...don't tell my husband.  ;)  LOL!  I love all those colors against a black background, it really makes it pop.  Though, indigo and violet became one - purplish.  It was all I had space for.   Anyway, when I was looking for my heart punches, I wanted a punch that was bigger than the one that I found but I wanted a quick and simple card.  Punches are great for that.  It turned out to be the perfect size after quickly punching some out.  The new thing that I tried was using my sewing machine on my card.  I love the faux stitch look, so I thought I give this card the real deal.  It came out okay but if I had to do it again, I would change some things.  I would hand stitch it with thicker thread or twine since I used my white gel pen here to make the stitches show up more.  Also, I would have control over the stitching.  My sewing machine and I have a love-hate relationship, especially when I don't get my way, in another words, I'm not good at sewing straight.  Thank goodness, fabric is more forgiving than paper or my costumes would look really wonky.  :-)
First, I punch out all the hearts in different color cardstock.  Then I stamped the sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly! in Brilliance Moonlight White and embossed in white embossing powder.  I lined up the hearts like a banner and glue the top down.  I sew through the hearts using white thread in my sewing machine.  I outline the stitches with a white gel pen to make the stitches thicker.  I taped the loose thread ends down the back and mounted this on red cardstock before placing it on a white card base.  Simple card but I absolutely love it!



This card is entered in Simon Says...Something New.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. I love your rainbow heart banners, Linda! The stitching looks so real. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Something New!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!