Thursday, January 16, 2014

Simple Valentine Decor For the Window

This past weekend was the meeting of two holidays in our house, Christmas and Valentine’s Day.  I was in the middle of taking down the Christmas decorations when I took a break in my craft room.  I started cutting these cute hearts to hang up on my window.  I love the way the ornaments looked on my window for Christmas, if you recall from this post.  I wanted hearts to replace them to celebrate Valentine’s Day.  I didn’t think it was going to be all in the same day but hey, I might as well do it when the mood strikes or it might not happen at all.  You know how it goes with kids and activities.  :) I recently got this spurt of energy that came out of nowhere.  Maybe it’s guilt from doing nothing over the holiday break or my new year’s goals.  Whatever it is, I’ll take it, for sure!  It’s nice to get some things done since my to-do list is quite long.  :)

First, I enlarged the doily lace heart to fit a 12x12.  It took a while to cut, but it’s beautiful.
I punched a small hole and used fishing line to hang these hearts up.  I used Bazzill Smooth cardstock and it cut beautifully.

I wanted a sentiment to decorate my window, so I designed the heart with the sentiment by using a heart that came in the love you speech bubble that came with the Silhouette Cameo .  Then I offset the heart to get a thicker outline of the heart and make both hearts into a compound path.   I used the font Lavenderia to spell out the sentiment.  This is one of my favorite fonts and soo lovely.  I absolutely love it!  It’s perfect font for Valentine and Christmas.  It’s a classic to me, and reminds me of chocolate and traditional candy boxes.  Anyway, I resized and moved some of the letters around so that it weld better.  I also created a rectangle to connect the dot to the letter ‘I’.  I also cut out a pink heart for the backing to make the letters and heart pop.  I have to say, I really love the way this came out.  I love my Cameo more and more as I play around with it.

I love the way this looks on my window!

This post has been entered in the Silhouette Weekly Challenge.

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!