Monday, January 27, 2014

Sunny Sunflower Birthday Card

I love sunflowers!  So I wanted to feature them in a big way.  This is my weapon in dealing with the snow and cold weather that we have been getting.  When I saw the "Our Friendship Grows" stamp set from Lawn Fawn, I knew I had to get it.  Yes, it has taken me this long to use it.  You got a taste of it last week with this card but I wanted more.  Here it is, in your face.  Happy and sunny!  I feel the warmth already.  
Lawn Fawn's Our Friendship Grows Sunflower Birthday Card
All the pattern papers are from Basic Grey Fact and Fiction 6x6 pads.  I layered the pattern paper onto the white card base along with a strip of chevron pattern paper that I cut a ribbon tail.  I rounded the corners of a blue pattern paper and stamped the sentiment before adhering it to the card.  I drew white dashed lines around the blue paper before adding sunflowers and leaves that I stamped, colored and cut.
I doubled up the foam adhesive on the big sunflower to pop it up even further.  For a finishing touch, I added a heart from Simon Says Stamp die that I used Wink of Stella pen and Crystal Lacquer on.  I love the way this card came out, it looks like a bouquet that I would love to receive.

This is entered in Freshly Made Sketches and Lawnscaping Inspired By challenge.


UPDATE: I got Honorable Gnome for this card!  Yay!

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty sunflowers! Perfect for a birthday wish! Thanks for joining us atFMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! The coloring on the sunflowers is amazing!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!