Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sunny Sunflower Celebrate Card

I had to create another card with embossing paste and my new stencil.  This was the first post where I used both.  Inspired by my other card, I wanted another card with a flower and sentiment.  Since I'm really into yellow lately, Lawn Fawn's Our Friendship Grows stamp set was perfect for what I wanted.  I love sunflowers.  They remind me of summer days and they are just so beautiful.  I found a field of sunflowers not too far from my house last year and they look so glorious basking in the sun. 
   
Using a stencil I scrap embossing paste on it to create the background.  I created the sentiment in Silhouette Studio by using the offset of a line that I drew and welding it with my sentiment.  The font that I use was Times New Roman.  Then I used my Cameo to cut out the sentiment in American Crafts Smooth pink cardstock and placed it on the card.  Excellent paper to use with the Silhouette Cameo and it's smooth.  It cuts like a dream!  

I stamped the sunflower and leaves from Lawn Fawn's Our Friendship Grows stamp set in Memento black ink and colored them with markers.  After I cut them out, I use foam adhesive on the flower and leaves to place it on the card.  I placed the whole card on a pink card base.  I also layered the inside of the card with white cardstock that has a line of embossed hearts at the bottom to finish the card.    

This card is entered in Simon Says Stamp...Emboss It Challenge.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, love the embossed hearts.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!