Monday, February 17, 2014

A Wheelie Great Masculine Birthday card

I must be thinking about sunshine and warm days because I took out Hero Arts Enjoy The Ride stamp set with this scene in mind.  I had made another card like this with the bicycle a while ago with the same sentiment.  Anyway, I showed this card to my husband and the first thing he said to me was, "Like I said before, you can NOT do a wheelie on a 10 speed".  My first response was a big eye roll. :-)  Leave it to a cyclist to keep on pointing that out to me.  I told him it was the only bike I got in that scale, so he will just have to go with the creative vision.  :-)

To create this scene, I used my Distress inks and blending tool to create the sky starting with the lightest color.  Then I cut out some clouds with a Impression Obsession die and my Fiskars Fuse.  I used foam adhesive to put some of them on for dimensiion.  I hand cut some Kraft paper to create my hill and stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Enjoy The Ride set.  I also used some stickers from Basic Grey Fact collection to complete the sentiment.  Then I placed the hill on the card with foam adhesive.  I finally stamped the bicycle in Versafine black ink and cut it out before placing it onto the card with foam adhesive.  I placed the card on to an A2 card base.  For the inside, I cut out the pop-up sentiment without the cake on my Silhouette Cameo using the pop up birthday card design from Silhouette Online store.  




1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an amazing card! Fabulous work!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!