Sunday, February 2, 2014

Balloons Birthday Card

I got a few birthdays coming up, so I better get back to cranking them out.  I love birthdays, especially celebrating my birthday with my family.  I usually don’t want people to fuss over me, but the weird thing is, I want my family to spoil and fuss over me.  I know, I am such a princess ...and loving it!  :D I appreciate birthdays more and more, as I get older.  J  Anyway, I don’t remember the last time I made a card with balloons, so I am due for one.

I used Silhouette Studio to draw a balloon by welding a small triangle with a big oval.  Easy-peasy and it looked pretty good after I added some color to it.  Using the Freshly Made Sketch, I cut out two different sized balloons according to the sketch on my Cameo. 

Then I rounded the corners of the die cut and lay a squiggly line of glue before placing twine on top.  I layered the card base with red cardstock after I rounded the corners of the card base and cardstock.  I place foam adhesive under the die and placed it over different pattern paper from Echo Park paper pad. Then I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Many Birthday Wishes stamp set in black Brilliance ink before layering it with pattern paper and using foam adhesive to place it onto the card.  Of course, I had to use my "go to" birthday stamp set. J   





I finished the card with dashed lines and dots on the sentiment with a glitter pen before placing a balloon die cut colored with markers and embellished with Crystal Lacquer.  
    


You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Linda :-) I just love the whole design of this ! the balloons and the twine are FAB :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layering! I love the punched out balloons! Perfect for a birthday! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love how you have cut out the balloons
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the fun patterns and the tilted sentiment :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!