Saturday, February 22, 2014

Flowers Galore!

I have been doing some organizing in my craft room again, and of course, I found stamps and supplies that I have not used in a while or at all.  YIKES!  So the Lawnscaping challenge to dust off my supplies was perfect. If you follow me, you know that I have found a renewed love for coloring with markers.  Of course, my prismacolor pencils were left to the side.  I used to use them all the time and exclusively for coloring since I was able to control the shading and coloring better than markers.  Of course, I love the markers for the vibrant look, I thought I turn back to my color pencils for a softer look.  Also, I have not used these Lawn Fawn Quinn's Capital ABCs and Happy Everything stamp sets in a while.  It felt good to pull out some of my old supplies, I felt like I was getting my money's worth out of them.  LOL!

First, I layered a white card stock with silver and black card stock.  Another piece of cardstock that I dug out, silver with glitter embedded in it that I got years ago.  Who knew I had a treasure trove right in my craft room.  :-)  Anyway, I sponged on Marvy Matchables yellow ink onto white cardstock with a flower stencil over it to create a soft background.  Then I stamped, colored and cut out the sunflowers and leaves from Our Friendship Grows stamp set, along with the letters from Quinn's Capital ABCs set.  I colored the letters with two shades of blue pencils and blend them with a blender pencil.  I placed them onto the stenciled background with glue dots and stamped the anniversary sentiment from Happy Everything set in Versafine black ink under the Happy sentiment.  
I finished the card off with hearts that I stamped and cut out before coloring them and putting Crystal Lacquer on them.  I like the way the card came out but when I showed it to my son, he said that it was "pretty good" but he had seen better ones from me.  :-0  Everybody is critc around here.  LOL!  Well, I like it.  I must be missing the sun since there's a lot of yellow.  :-)     

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
UPDATE:This card received the Honorable Gnome.  Yay!

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful card, I love the vibrant yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card! Love the gorgeous background paper. Thank you for playing along with us in the Wedding/Anniversary challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL!!! Love your Bright flowers and Beautiful bg! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card! You did an awesome job. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!