Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hopping Into Easter

I'm starting to see more Easter and spring related decorations and goodies at the store.  Also, seeing tulips at a friend's house makes me long for spring.  We have been hit with storm after storm and the snow looks lovely, but the warm breeze on my face yesterday felt sooo good.  When I saw this Papertrey Ink Hippity Hoppity stamp set, I had to have it.  I love bunnies!  I keep on thinking about getting a rabbit, but they don't seem too affectionate, even though they are just sooo adorable.  We're in the process of looking for a pet.  So far, majority of the house wants a dog.  One member of the household, however, wants a cat.  I don't want to go from no pets to a menagerie.  I like to ease my way into this, since I feel that having a pet would be like having another child, one that never grows up.  So one pet at a time, please.  :-)  Anyway,  I love coloring these chicks and eggs.  I tried watercoloring on the bunny, and it did not work out the way I want it so I kept it pretty plain except I had to add a fuzzy tail.
For the card design, I used Freshly Made Sketches #124.  I layered the card base with dark purple and purple cardstock.  I embossed a white card stock with Sizzix tiny flower embossing folder before cutting them up in small panels and adhering them to the card.  
I placed a yellow ribbon around the bottom of the card.  I stamped the bunny, chicks and eggs from Papertrey Ink in Memento black ink and cut them out.  I colored them with markers before adding some glue to the bunny's tail to put some white fun flock to give him a fuzzy tail.  A must-do for bunnies!  :-)  Then I used both foam adhesive and glue dots to adhere the cutted images onto the card to give some them dimension.  I finished the front of the card by stamping and cutting out the sentiment from Studio G before placing it onto the card with foam adhesive.

For the inside, I wanted to cover the ribbon so I cut out a flower on my Silhouette Cameo and insert it into the card.  I love the way this flowers looks.



This is entered in Freshly Made Sketches #124 challenge.


You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I love that little bunny and the chicks are adorable. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Love these little Easter designs! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!