Monday, February 3, 2014

Rainbow Hearts Anniversary Card

I have been seeing a lot of Valentine cards out on the Internet and I am inspired to make some more.  However, I have enough Valentine’s cards, so I thought I just changed the sentiment to celebrate anniversaries.  Ever since I got my Silhouette Cameo, I have not used my dies as much.  One of my sons, the frugal one, asked me, why did I get the Fiskars Fuse, since he noticed that I have been using the Silhouette so much.  I had to explain the usefulness and functionality of both machines and the fact that I do not have a lot of dies.  Funny, the things they noticed and unfortunately, it is not the things they scattered all over the floor. :D  So to balance everything out, I vow to use both machines faithfully and not favor one over the other, just like my children (the favoring part, not the using part). :D  I’m glad that those finance lessons are sinking in with him, if not much else.  J 

Anyway, I have been meaning to make another rainbow colored background.  This time it is with something not commonly used, colored sticks from Elmers.  Since it is washable, I can spray it and wipe it to get a watercolor effect.  I thought I test it out since it was on clearance and if it did not work out, it could be used as glue.  It was darker when I applied it and then I used a baby wipe to meld the colors together.  I tried this on both watercolor and Nenah Solar white paper, and it worked pretty well.  Once you wipe it, it is not sticky when it dries.  Though, stamping on top of it did not work out well since the ink can’t sink into the paper.  It was fun to test it out, nonetheless.  I layered it with a red cardstock before placing it onto the card base.

I ran my Simon Says Stamp Holiday Shapes die through the Fiskars Fuse twice to get a row of hearts and then cut ribbon tails on them before adhering them onto the card.  I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamps Happy stamp set in Brilliance black ink.  Love, love this set for its versatility.  I placed the sentiment and the two hearts that I die cut and colored red, onto the card with foam adhesives.  I finished the card with red and white twine and Wink of Stella on the hearts.

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card! I love all the pretty and bright colors! The hearts are cute and the baker's twine is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!