Monday, February 24, 2014

So Lucky To Have You!

I know I posted an Easter card already, and bypass St. Patrick's Day, but not to worry.  But really, could you blame me for wanting to use that cute little bunny right away?!  Anyway, we celebrate just about every holiday, so with St. Patrick's Day, we need to prepare for the leprechaun's arrival.  Usually, we get green pancakes and milk along with rocks marked with Xs where the leprechaun may be hiding some money.  We have a tricky leprechaun that visits us, so he usually marks a lot of rocks to throw us off.  ;-)  Who knows what he will do this year.  We usually end the day with a corned beef dinner with Irish soda bread.  Now we just have to deck out the house with shamrocks and rainbows, then we will be all set.

For this card, I used the Freshly Made Sketches #124 and layered a white card base with gold and green cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment from Studio G in Versafine black ink.  Then I ran a white card stock through the Fiskars Fuse with a Sizzix dot embossing folder before cutting it up and placing it onto the card with foam adhesive.  I was inspired by Pinterest in some of the quotes related to St. Patrick's Day which was how I created the orange sentiment.  I created the long orange sentiment with the font Castro script and weld the words together with long thin rectangle.  I had to offset the sentiment before I cut since it was too thin.  I also cut out shamrocks with my Silhouette Cameo.   I also cut a tiny heart from Simon Says Stamp! Holiday Shapes dies and placed it on the middle shamrock.  Once they were on the card, I embellished with a Wink of Stella pen and Crystal Lacquer.


This is entered in Freshly Made Sketches #124.

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. I forget St Patrick's Day is coming soon! This is such a sweet card - love the bold sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like St. Patrick's Day is lots of fun at your house! Nice to see a fun card to celebrate the occasion! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!