Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine's Day Treat Holder With Note Card

Ready for another round of treats and candies?  What's Valentine's Day without treats?  I had to make a simple all-in-one, note card and treat holder.  We are always well supplied with candies and treats throughout the year, and it is mostly from holidays.  It starts with Valentine's Day, then Easter, follow by Halloween, and then finally Christmas.  Our pantry get flooded with candies, especially during those times, and it is all from the boys' parties.  I actually have to donate candies to get them out of the house since there is too much and frankly, detrimental to my teeth and plans.  Yes, one of my new year's goal is to be healthier.  Anyway, this is a cute little treat holder for the kids and adults alike.  
I got this idea and instructions from watching Chicn Scratch's video.  She has a huge library of video tutorials for making treat holders for the holidays, as well as cards and gifts.  They are superb and very inspirational!  
First, I fold a 8x8 card stock in half so that it forms a triangle.  With the long side of the triangle at zero on a score board, score the folded triangle at 7/8".  Then rotate the triangle 90 degrees and score at 3 3/4" and 7 5/8".  I opened the triangle and fold on all the score lines to "train" the paper.  I stamped the cardstock with Hero Arts Antique Brocade background cling stamp in red Marvy Matchable ink.  The images below show a different cardstock to help show the folding.
  
I had the cardstock laid in a diamond shape and fold the sides in and fold the middle in mountain valley fold to form the pockets.  The images below give you an idea of how I folded the cardstock to form the pockets.




 I stamped the bird from Studio G twice, once in black ink and once in red.  I cut out the red heart and used foam adhesive to layer it on top of the black heart after I punch out the bird stamped in black.  I colored the bird and ran the edge of the circle along the red ink before placing it on a scallop circle.  I drew white dashed lines around the circle before placing it on the treat holder.  

For the note card, I stamped part of the Hero Arts Antique Brocade background stamp onto white cardstock and mount it onto red card stock.  The red cardstock is 3 1/2" x 2 3/4" and the white cardstock is 3 1/4" x 2 1/2".  To finish the treat holder, I punch a hole on top and tied a ribbon to hold it together.




Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog


You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. A fabulous creation Linda, a wonderful tutorial and using such lovely colours and papers!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!