Monday, March 10, 2014

Flower Power Thanks

I was surprised the other day with papercrafting gifts.  I’m not very good about receiving gifts, since I don’t want people spending money on me but it was nonetheless much appreciated, and I couldn’t wait to use it.  I mean I was so happy to be able to do some paper crafting with my friend on my day off so she tops my day even more with some goodies.  It's like a double rainbow.  :-) I am soooo lucky, and definitely spoiled by my friends in so many ways!  I’m so thankful for my friends and was so glad I finally had some time to spend with them.  Here’s to you, ladies!

For this card, I follow the Freshly Made Sketches#126 for my card design.  I placed the purple and pattern paper from Darice onto the card base.  Then I punched a 2”circle, and stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows and flowers with Lawn Fawn Penelope’s Blossoms in different MementoLuxe and Brilliance ink pads.  This is my first attempt at creating a flower cluster with different inks.  I see other people stamping flower clusters and they always look so appealing to me.  When I stamped this cluster, I was not too crazy about it, but I’m starting to like it more and more as I look at it.  I layered that circle with a 2 ¼ “circle cut from my Silhouette Cameo and placed it onto the card with foam adhesive.  I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches Many Thanks stamp set in black Memento ink and added gems to the card to finish it off. 




You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors you've put together on this gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card
    Thanks for playing with us at lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is so pretty! I really like the "bling" in the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!