Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thank You Berry Much

I'm attempting to watercolor a background and despite the fact that it is fun, I feel like I watercolor like a kid.  Meaning I'm just pushing colors around, and around, and around  in hopes and great expectation that it comes out awesome.  :-)  Oh well, there is always hope.  :-)
First to create the background, I stamped and embossed on watercolor paper with stamps from Papertrey Ink Green Thumb stamp set, using Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  Then I used my son's old Crayola watercolor kit and just placed blotches of color on top of the embossed images.  I think I should get my own set, since my son's preschool one is all black looking in almost every color.  LOL!  :-)  Since I used my water brush, I could easily fade the color as well as add color.  I must use more watercolor, it can look so pretty.  Anyway, I die cut a circle using Spellbinder circle die and Fiskars Fuse.  I stamped the berries in MemoryLuxe and Brilliance inks and the sentiment in Versafine.  I like the MemoryLuxe inks a lot and it is no surprise since I love pigment ink!  It is a nice addition to my pigment ink collection, especially since I don't have those colors.  I stamped the big berry and fussy-cut it out and adhere it to the circle with foam adhesive.  After rounding the corners to the card base and layering it with purple cardstock, I adhere the card and added dashed lines around the circle.    
I used the Freshly Made Sketches#125 for my card design.

  

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way when I water color! I think you've done a great job with this fun card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a lovely background - well done! (I'm too scared to attempt anything like this!) Your berries are just the cutest! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!