Sunday, March 9, 2014

Yippee! It's Your Birthday!

I got dogs on the brain, especially since we just got a dog recently.  So this was the perfect card for me to make.  I had to make this card for a relative of ours who loves dogs, so just about every card I make for her includes a dog.  She is one of the sweetest and most cheerful person I know and it's wonderful to be around her.  Unfortunately, she lives really far away so we miss her quite a bit.  Anyway, I had to use my new pattern paper and sequins from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine collection with this card.  I have to admit that I have a tendency to hoard things I love but I know the person I am making it for will love it just as much.  I found myself saying, "It's okay, just get some more".  LOL!  Seriously!  I got problems!  :-)  But I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. ;-)

All the pattern papers are from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6x6 paper pad and I layered them onto the cardbase based on the sketch.  Then I stamped the dog and hat from Lawn Fawn Critters At The Dog Park and Year Two stamp sets, and cupcake from Inkadinkado Birthday Cupcake stamp set in black Memento ink.  I colored them with markers and fussy-cut them out before mounting them onto the card with foam adhesive.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts It's Your Day stamp set in black Memento ink.   To finish the card outside, I added sequins from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine and Let's Polka collections to the card and used Wink of Stella pen on the hat and cupcake for some shine.

For the inside card, I cut out the pop-up birthday insert on my Silhouette Cameo that I modified from pop-up birthday card.  I stamped the sentiment from the same Hero Arts stamp set before adhering it to the card. 




You might also like:

6 comments:

  1. very fun card! thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping! (just a friendly reminder, though if you'd like to be eligible to win: lawnscaping rules are that you can only link up to 3 different challenges with your entry card.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Thanks for the reminder. I removed one of the challenges.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely LOVE your card - so fun! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a lovely Card, I especially love the inside! I can't wait to try something like that myself :) its looks very pretty indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great card!! Love the inside too :)
    Thanks for playing with us at lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! (I hoard patterned papers, too!) Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!