Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bouquet Of Birthday Wishes

Lately, I feel I have a limited amount of time and too many things I want to get done, like preparing the garden.  However, I did relax some and went on a scrapbooking retreat this past weekend.  Another fun weekend and it flew by so quickly this time for some reason.  Every time I turned around, 3 hours have passed.  I did get to bed at a reasonable hour, 2:30am.  :-D  NOT!  I'm usually exhausted come 8:45pm, but while I was at the retreat, I was pumped and ready to go, even at midnight.  It did helped that Jessica set up some fun activities, such as breaking a pinata filled with papercrafting goodies, white elephant gift exchange and judging the best pages.  I don't remember laughing so hard, especially watching the pinata activity.  Good to know that you are never too old for a good old fashion pinata.  :-)  See my posts here and here for more info on the retreat.  Thanks to Jessica, I had another relaxing and awesome time, and was ready to tackle my to-do list this week, so definitely a big shout out to her.
Anyway, I made this card at the retreat and had a great time trying out My Favorite Things Blueprint 14 set and the Gerbera daisy dies.  I love the stitch details since it gave a nice texture to the card.  I embossed the blue panel with Paper Studio butterflies embossing folder and distressed the edges with Distress Vintage Photo ink.  I die cut the Gerbera daisies twice and distress the edges with Distress Worn Lipstick and Vintage Photo inks.  I stamped the sentiment from Freshly Squeezed Stamp and distress the edges after cutting ribbon tails on the banner.  Everything was adhered to a white cardbase.  On a side note, I recently discovered My Favorite Things and since I love so many of their products, I placed my first order with them.  Besides having adorable and nice looking dies and stamps, their products are high quality too.  Another plus, my order came within a few days.  Awesome!  So glad that I finally had time to play with my new goodies.  


 Challenge:
You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!