Sunday, May 25, 2014

Papertrey May Blog Hop Challenge

I love putting two of my favorite things, butterflies and flowers, together in a card.  When I saw this Jennifer McGuire's video, I had to create a similar card, right down to butterflies.  I rarely copy a card completely but this I had to try.  

I folded a white cardstock to create an A2 card and drew a line to divide the front panel in half.  Since the Fiskars Fuse can fit a 12x12 piece of paper, I partially cut the cardstock with the Impression Obssession butterfly die on the side instead of at the end  of the plate.  I also use the solid butterfly die to die cut three butterflies of Pebbles Basics pattern paper.  Then I die cut three butterflies with all the holes in it using white cardstock.  I removed the antennae of all the white butterflies including the one on the cardbase.  After I adhered all the butterflies, I stamped flowers from Papertrey Ink Green Thumb set with ColorBox Sweet Melon and Robin's Egg ink pads and used the end of a paintbrush and Memento London Fog ink pad to create dots around flowers.  To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink Women Of Life set with Brilliance Black ink


You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! I love the butterflies all in a line and all the flowers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love those butterflies and flowers too. :-)

      Delete
  2. This card looks so pretty. Well done, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!