Monday, May 12, 2014

Sending You All My Love

We are finally getting warm and sunny weather and wouldn't you know it, I get an awful cold.  So instead of being out enjoying the warmth, I dug out my thermals again with a box of tissue close at hand.  Oh well, hopefully this is the last hoorah for colds.  Anyway, I find that with my last haul from My Favorite Things, I have been using my Fiskars Fuse quite a bit.  I love this Gerbera daisy dies that I got free with purchase and couldn't wait to use it on as many colored cardstock as possible.  I decided to keep it simple with an embossing folder from The Paper Studio to showcase the daisy.  
First, I embossed a white cardstock by running the embossing folder with cardstock through my Fiskars Fuse and layered the cardbase with it.  Then I die cut the Gerbera daisy three times with different purple cardstock and distress the edges with Distress Concord Grape ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment in Brilliance Victorian Violet and mount both the sentiment and daisy on the cardbase with foam adhesive.  I got this sentiment from Mama Elephant Around We Go stamp set from their March workshop that they are releasing in mid-May.  The workshop was so much fun and I felt a little star-struck since both Kelly Purkey and Mama Elephant owners, Kryssi and Angela, were there in the flesh, teaching.  Really talented ladies who rock the papercrafting world were in the same room as me!  Yup, little old me. :-)  I felt like a beginner stamper again and all thumbs.  LOL!  I had a great time chatting with them and getting to know them, despite my nerves.  :-D  They were super friendly and down to earth which made it even more wonderful.

I did not show it but I did stamp a Happy Mother's Day sentiment inside.  Hope everybody had a happy Mother's Day.  My husband barbecue up a delicious dinner for me, despite having caught my cold.  I know.  I am very blessed and thankful for my family.
  Normally I have a picture of the supplies that I used, but I decided to wait to post the picture as a courtesy, since the Mama Elephant Around We Go set is not yet released.  And no, they did not ask me to do that.  I'm just one of those people who don't like to ruin the surprise. :-)  

UPDATE: Finally, it took me more than a month to remember to do this but below is the supplies I used.  


You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! I love the contrast of the deep purple against the bright white! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!