Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Take Me To The Beach Congratulation Card

My other life is taking over and I really had to cut back on my crafting time.  You probably notice that by the number of posts.  My garden unfortunately needs a lot of TLC, and since I have been sick most of May, I haven't been able to get it done.  Also, the pressure of getting a lot of things done before summer vacation is on.  I have two other major household projects that needs to be done and one of them involves renovating my craft room.  I'm trying to create a space where I can have friends and family craft with me, and with nicer and better storage.  Anyway, I made this card with someone special in mind.  I haven't done that in a while, since a lot of times, I am making a card with a challenge in mind.  Anyway, he just retired and has been present for most of the important events in our lives.  We will miss him dearly, and I have to say that I wish I could live where he is going - near the beach.  Lucky guy!  He deserves it, though.  Every year we trek to the beach and I feel like the beaches are getting more and more crowded these days, which makes it less than ideal.  Maybe I'm just going to the more popular ones.  The boys love it and that is what matters the most.  Anyway, I love this stamp of the lighthouse by the sea.  It is so peaceful to me.  Something about watching the waves crashing on the rocks is so soothing to me.  I had to do it in watercolors, especially since the stamp shows it being colored as such.  
I decided to test out this mixed media paper pad that the Easter bunny bought the boys along with the new My Favorite Things Hybrid ink.  Remember I was looking for a watercolor ink pad, since the last time I used Memento, it did not work out that well.  Well, I found the ink pad.  It worked great with the Distress markers and water.  No bleeding at all.  YAY!

First, I layered a white cardstock with red and navy blue cardstock.  Then I stamped the Lighthouse scene from Stamp Happens in MFT Hybrid black ink, and used Distress markers and water to color the image before adhering it to the cardbase.  I stamped the banner and sentiment from Lawn Fawn Penelope's Blossoms set and adhered it to the card with foam adhesive.  This type of card is very nostalgic to me, since it reminds me of cards I see on display way back when.  :-)  I'm starting to show and feel my age.  YIKES!  :-)  


Challenge:
You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous scene card, Linda! I love it. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!