Monday, June 16, 2014

Under The Weather Get Well Card

With all the rain we got last week, I decided to take a "craft-cation".  I miss my craft room, and playing more than one day a week.  With summer approaching, I know I will not be getting any free time.  I did finalize our summer schedule last week, and it promises to be a busy, but fun one.  I was so happy last week to finally make some much needed changes on my blog too.  I recently started an instagram account and love it, especially since most of the people I follow are crafters.  Anyway, if you are interested in adding a bar of social media buttons to your blog, I recommend this blog post for the script to do it.  I miss reading source code and development at times, so it was nice to clean up my side bar on my blog.  Anyway, I decided to make a get well card because whenever I need to send one, I don't have any and it's mostly because I don't make them.  So I am starting a stash for those times.  Hopefully, everyone is healthy now with the cold season gone, for the most part.  Now it's just allergies.  :p

All the pattern paper are from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad.  Love, love this paper pad!  It's so bright and happy.  First, I layered the cardbase with cloud pattern paper and a polka dot banner on the bottom of the card.  Then I die cut a rectangle with Lil' Inker stitched rectangle die and stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things Blue Skies Ahead set in black Brilliance ink before using the blending tool on the edges with Distress Tumbled Glass ink.  I adhered this to the card before die cutting the umbella and the clouds from Impression Obsession a couple of times, before cutting the umbrella apart to create a two tone umbrella.  I adhered umbrella to the card and the clouds to the cards with foam adhesive.  To finish the card, I added Wink of Stella on the umbrella and Crystal Lacquer as well as some sequins.  


You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!