Monday, June 9, 2014

You Are Awesome Father's Day Card

I'll admit that I have been dragging my feet in making another Father's Day card.  I think I have a lot of stamps that I want to use in more feminine colors.  It's what I gravitate toward.   Anyway, I have been admiring these Winnie and Walters Big Bold Script sentiment, ever since I noticed tons of people are using them.  So I had to get me some especially since I love the way they look.  My first order with them came quickly and also, with a 15% off coupon for my next order (AWESOME!), a freebie of sequins (another fantastic surprise), and a lovely handwritten thank you note.  PLUS, they were running a special where you get the coordinating digital cuts of the May Release stamps you purchased.  Love, love, love all the bonus!  

Anyway, you know how much I love haul videos and I couldn't resist making my very first haul video.  When I showed it to my son, he said that I needed to put some lotion on my hands.  I have working hands that see lotions often, but all too often, washed off too soon.  I'm lucky if manicures stay on my hands for more than a day.  Anyway, he also asked, if I drank any tea since my voice sounds scratchy.  Ha, ha!  :-D  I told him that is what my normal recorded voice sounds like.  I've always shy away from videos and voice messages, since I know my recorded voice sounds weird to me.  Too funny the things he noticed were my first thoughts against making videos.  My other son said, "You're breathing, that's no good".  This made me laughed even now, AND he's not even a teenager yet.  LOL!  If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?!  :D  He did tell me later that I need to introduce myself too along with breathing through my nose.  So I got some good advice and hope to be better, since I feel it's easier to show a video for some of my projects.  I posted the video here if you want to weigh in and tell me what you think, or a good laugh since I fail to speak properly at times, or if you just need help sleeping.  Ha!    
I layered a white cardstock with pattern paper from Jillibean Soup Cold Avocado Soup 6x6 pad to create the card base.  Then I die cut a circle with Spellbinder die that I blend in blue color with Distress inks(broken china and tumbled glass).  I stamped the sentiment from Winnie&Walter The Big,the Bold and You set in black Brilliance ink and adhered it to the card base.  I also die cut some stars from Lil'Inker stars dies and placed it onto the circle with foam adhesive.  For the final touch, I added some sequins.   

For the inside, I stamped the sentiment from Winnie & Walter The Big,The Bold and The Happy stamp set in black Brilliance ink.




You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the sentiment stamps you used by Winnie & Walter. The colors and patterns are fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun playing with Winnie & Walter stamps!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!