Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Cup Full of Happiness

I have been on a watercoloring kick, ever since I saw this video from Dawn of Wplus9.  When I showed Honey some of my creations, he said,"Why can't you do this without stamps?"  I'm happy that he thinks my artistic abilities are so great that I can draw and paint now, so I did have to enlighten him and burst his little bubble.  :-D  Anyway, I made use of those tiny flowers that came with the Hero Arts set, Everyday Sayings.  I rarely ever use the little flowers that come with sets like this, but now I know what I can do with them.  I love making the most use of my stamp sets and they were the perfect size for this bouquet.

For the card, I just stamped part of the cup from Hero Arts/Basic Grey Let Them Eat Cake set.  All the inks I used for the cup and bouquet are Distress ink pads and markers.  Then I stamped the flowers and the leaves.  I did use the leaves from Lawn Fawn Penelope's Blossoms to help make this fuller.  Then I use a wet brush to soften the edges of all the stamped images.  I also used watered down Distress Stormy Sky ink to create a shadow of the bouquet.  To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment in black Brilliance ink.

Challenges:
You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!