Sunday, July 20, 2014

"Snappy Birthday" Card

I have to admit that I have been enamored with My Favorite Things stamps and dies lately.  I knew I had to get this set to match all my camera dies and stamps.  I wanted something bright and colorful for a birthday card so this pattern paper was perfect.  I got these Close To My Heart My Reflections Lollydoodle pattern papers as a gift from my scrapbooking retreat, and I love how happy and bright they are.  When I went through my stash of 12x12 paper, I felt like it is Christmas all over again, especially since I don't go through them as much as I like.  So finding this in my stash made my day.
First, I layered white cardstock with pattern paper.  Then I stamped the sentiment in black Brilliance ink and ran it through the Fiskars Fuse twice with die from My Favorite Things Blueprint 14 to give it a border.  I layered the sentiment from My Favorite Things Picture This set with gray cardstock and adhered it to the card.  I cut a banner tail on a strip of polka dot pattern paper before adhering it to the card with foam adhesive.  Then I stamped the camera in MementoLuxe ink before fussy-cutting it out and adhering it to the card with foam adhesive.  I finished the card with enamel dots from My Mind's Eye.


You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. I just love the colors in that paper you used to get the dots, and you have a great idea to photograph your supplies for the card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lin! Those pattern paper are so much fun to use and to look at.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!