Tuesday, July 29, 2014

It's Your Day

I love sunflowers, and unfortunately, I did not grow them this year.  I was so focus on getting my garden all settled with the essentials and getting another bed ready for asparagus this fall that I forgot to pick up some sunflower seeds.  I love the mammoth size they could be, and they are so bright and happy to me.  Of course, when I saw sunflowers blooming everywhere, I had to pull out Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows set.  If you have been following me, you would know that I would be coloring it with watercolors.  :-P 

I stamped the largest sunflower with Distress Wild Honey Ink and then masked it to stamped the smaller sunflowers on watercolor paper.  I used a wet brush to soften the edges of the sunflowers and drag the colors out to color the flowers.  I went in with Distress black soot to color the center of the flowers.  Then I used a Distress marker, wild honey, to outline the flowers to make the sunflowers pop out.  I added this card to the blue cardstock die cut with My Favorite Things Blueprint #13 and layered it onto a white card base.  I stamped the banner and sentiment from Lawn Fawn Penelope's Blossoms set in Brilliance black ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored the banner with watercolors and added Wink of Stella on top before mounting it onto the card with foam adhesive.



You might also like:

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda :-) sunflowers are such a happy flower aren't they ! lovely bright cheerful colours and the CAS design is perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your awesome comment! Love sunflowers!

      Delete
  2. absolutely beautiful!! those sunflowers are stunning and the blue is a perfect color to cool down the card!! i LOVE yellows/oranges and blues!! the watercoloring just looks fabulous and is super pretty!! thanks so much for playing with us at the lawnscaping blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your comment made my day!

      Delete
  3. So cute! The sunflowers that you colored are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I love coloring those sunflowers! It was so much fun.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!