Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Watercolored Bouquet

I made this card with my brother in mind.  Instead of enjoying the summer, he has been in the hospital for weeks and it is all from a spider bite.  His wife has been a rock for him despite all that she has to deal with and do.  We are all so blessed to have her in our family.  Anyway, I realized when this happened that I did not have any get well cards, which is great since that meant my friends and family have been fairly healthy.  I made a conscious effort to be appreciative of the fact that I am healthy too.  Okay, back to the card.  I decided to create a stash of emergency quick card.  As you know, watercolor is pretty trendy right now.  So when I saw this video from Dawn of Wplus9, I had to create my own watercolored floral arrangement.

I stamped on watercolor paper with the vase from Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows set in Distress tumbled glass ink, making sure that I wipe the top part of the vase off.  Then I used the stamps from Lawn Fawn Penelope's Blossom to create a bouquet of flowers with Distress inks (worn lipstick, concord grape, mustard seed, tumbled glass, mowed lawn).  I stamp everything first, then used a wet brush to soften the edges of the flowers.  For the shadow, I used watered down Distress ink, stormy sky, and brushed it at the bottom of the vase.   I created little dots to hint at a flower that has tiny blooms before stamping the sentiment from Our Friendship Grows set.  To finish the card, I layer this watercolored card onto a cardbase with blue cardstock die cut from My Favorite Things Blueprint #13.  I'm addicted to the embossed dashed lines.
I had to make another one since it was so easy and fun to make.  This time with a sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set.




You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. I hope your brother is completely recovered soon.
    I love your set of cards! They look so gorgeous!! I need to try that technique too :)
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just heard that he might be able to go home in 2 weeks. Yay! Thank you for your kind words and your well wishes. I really appreciate it. It made my day to hear from one of my crafting idols. I love your projects and you have been an inspiration to me. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!