Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Watercolored Floral Thanks A Bunch

I'm loving the watercolored look on cards that I see everywhere.  Of course, I can not get enough my Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold And... collection.  They just are so perfect for so many different types of card.  As I type this long name for the stamp sets, it reminds me of my blog name.  I have to admit that I am toying with the idea of changing my blog name to something a little simpler.  I still love my blog name, because I do like to poke fun at myself, but typing this long name gets a little tiresome and also, a mouth-full to say.  I admit that when I came up with the blog name, I was not thinking about spreading the word about my blog, in fact, quite the opposite.  Well except to close family and friends.  As someone recently called me, I am the secret blogger.  Ha, ha!  :-D  If you follow me, you know that I am very shy about my craft, and it's mainly because anything handmade by me is personal.  I'm like a parent watching a kid on Christmas Day where I'm excited to see him/her open my gift.  Anyway, I will give it some more thought to the name change, but in the meantime, I want to thank you for visiting my blog.  The paper craft community is fun to be part of and to get to know.  If you have an opinion about the name change, please leave a comment.  As always, love to hear from you.     
I stamped the roses from Winnie&Walter The Big, The Bold And Extras set with versamark ink and sprinkled Wow fine white embossng powder on watercolor paper before heat embossing.  I used Distress ink pads and markers mixed with water to color in the images and create a background.  I've never flicked a paintbrush in my life, but decided to give it a go and I love it! I'm extending myself to go beyond the lines whick is a stretch since I'm one of those stay in the line type of girl.  :-D Ha!  Anyway, I stamped the sentiment from Winnie and Walter The Big, The Bold And You set in black Brilliance ink before I round the corners and mount it onto the card base with foam adhesive.




You might also like:


1 comment:

  1. A fabulous card - a love design and stunning colours.....I love stunning background and such a beautiful image and sentiment!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!