Sunday, August 3, 2014

Envelope Box of Notecards

I love giving notecards as gifts, especially to my family, since they are always sending out cards.  I married into a family that sends a card for everything.  It's very endearing to me, especially since I am a card maker, and I come from a family that rarely ever sends a card.  I have to admit that I like making the cards, and I let my husband do the writing it up portion.  I feel like we are a working as a team to send something special to someone.  Anyway, if you follow my blog then you know that I have been making simple watercolor cards.  Well, I love them so much that I assembly-lined a bunch of them with the idea of gift sets in mind.  It took some time but in the end, I'm so excited to have these ready for gifts. 



For the envelope box, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut them out with this design from the Silhouette Store.  I personalized the notecard box by cutting out their names on my Silhouette Cameo using Lavanderia font for both names but using Sail font for the letter S since that looks fancier than the Lavanderia font.  I glue the names onto ovals and scallop oval die cuts from Papertrey Ink Shakers and Sprinkles set before adhering it to the box. 
The nice thing about envelope box is you can tuck in the flap.

I varied the cards a little to keep it interesting for me.  Assembly-lined production was getting dull but I really loved the outcome and was very excited to give them as gifts.  Below are a sampling of the notecards with some variations.
I used Hero Arts/Basic Grey Let Them Eat Cake and Hero Arts Everyday Sayings for the card above.  I was inspired by Dawn of WPlus9 video to do all these watercolor images.

For the card above, see this post for all the details.

For the card above, I posted another card similar to this.

I used this same image in another post without the layers.



You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous notelets and love the prettty box you've made for them.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby! I love the way they turned out too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!