Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer wreath

The only time I put a wreath on my door is for Christmas.  But I love to look at summer and spring wreaths and have always want to put one up on my door.  I'm still on the hunt for a wreath that I like for the summer and spring.  In the meantime, I will enjoy this.

I die cut a circle from post-it paper and stuck it to the cardstock as a guide.  I used Distress ink pads for all my stamping, so I can create a watercolor effect.  All the floral stamps are from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings.  I stamped the bigger flowers first around the die cut and that gave me a hint of the circle for the wreath so that it is more organic.  After removing the post-it, I filled in the rest of the wreath by stamping in the smaller flowers and leaves.  I used a wet brush to soften the edges of the flowers.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Thanks A Bunch in Brilliance black ink before I added sequins on the wreath and a butterfly die cut from Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love that pretty wreath!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!