Monday, September 8, 2014

A Snappy Masculine Birthday Card

It has been a crazy summer and hopefully, things will get back to normal, especially for this blog.  Changing to a new blog was a tough decision but I really like the name that I came up with.  Though it was unique to me when I thought of the blog name, based on everybody mentioning that they are on "staycation", I later found that there is actually an event like that, which is amazing.  So wish I can go.  I like the brevity of name and how true that crafting is a vacation to me mentally; a vacation from life.  I am ready to go on a retreat for sure.  Anyway, even though I did post almost every week this summer and even every day when I took the online class, it was not my normal post.  I don't like changing the format of my post, but it was fast and easy to just post pictures of my project with a quick write-up this summer.  I figure since this is my hobby, I can make allowances for my posts, otherwise it will feel like work and who wants that. :-) Also, I was pressed for time from creating and posting every day during my class.  So, sorry if you wanted more instructions.  Anyway, it felt weird to actually sit down at my desk and create a card based on a sketch.  It has been so long since that I have done that and it felt good to do it again.  I wanted to make a masculine birthday card too.

First, I ran brown cardstock with a Darice filmstrip embossing folder through my Fiskars Fuse and adhered it to a black cardbase along with a green and black strip of cardstock.  Then I stamped the sentiment and photography icons from My Favorite Things Picture This on white cardstock that was die cut from a MFT Blueprint 14 die, before adhering it to the card with dimensionals.  I stamped the smile sentiment from KI Memories click click and fussy-cut it out before placing it onto the card with foam adhesive.  I finished the card by using the Wink of Stella on the cameras and adhering a wood veneer arrow that has Wink of Stella on it and clear glaze.
I added a brown cardstock that was embossed with the same filmstrip embossing folder to the inside of the card.
 


You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!