Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Christmas Place Card Favor

If you notice that I have been a little off in my posting, it is because I've been concentrating on other aspects of my life.  I feel like instead of taking craftcations, I am permantly on fitcation.  That is one of my major goal for the fall and on, to lose weight and be more active.  Most people gain weight in the winter and from the holidays, but not me.  I gain weight in the summer.  I get too busy with the boys and don't have "me" time to exercise.  Though this summer, I did make more of an effort to be active, despite getting plantar fasciitis.  I've never gotten heel pain before, but man, does it hurt and this have gone on for months.  If any of you are dealing with plantar fasciitis, try out this exercise from the NY Times.  I started it this past week and already, my heel feels better for the first time in months.  Anyway, since my attention is on exercise and calories, I think I lost my mojo along the way.  On top of that, my craft room has been a mess, I just repainted a dresser and I am moving everything from my plastic storage into them.  Yeah, life has been a little busy and crazy here.  I have a tendency to heap on many projects onto my plate, especially in the fall and spring.  Also, can you believe that I have not been to the craft store or purchase any craft items in 3 months?!  Crazy!  Now I am a little antsy and need a little fix.  I have just the reward at the end of this month to help alleviate that itch. ;-)  Anyway, I did manage to make this cute holiday place card favor.  When I was coloring this adorable owl from Lawn Fawn Winter Owl, my little one wanted to color him too.  After we were done, he looked at my owl and casually said, "I like mine better" and that made me laugh.  I love his confidence!  :-)   See toward the bottom of this post for his owls.  I have to agree.  The first one with the polka dots was what he compared mine to and he followed up with two more.  All the more reason for me to sign up for the Copic Markers for Card Makers online class.
Front of place card favor above and back below.  I slided a fun-sized candy in it.
I used the Spellbinder scallop oval die with my Fiskars Fuse to cut the smallest scallop oval and score it .  Then I cut another oval die cut using Lil'Inker oval die.  I love the stitch details from these dies. Since the oval die cut is too big for the scallop oval, I cut part of it so it fits.
I stamped the owl  from Lawn Fawn Winter Owl set and fussy-cut it after coloring it with markers.  I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Christmas and Holiday Hellos sets on the half oval and adhered it to the scallop oval.  I placed the owl on with dimensionals.

For the back of the place card, I decorated the white oval placed on the scallop oval with letter and snowflake stickers.  To finish the place card, I punched a hole and loop a ribbon through.


Look at the cute little owls that my little guy colored, I love it!  I love when my boys craft with me.


You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Oh! This is so cool! Thanks for the tutorial on how to make one! The owls colored by your little guy are soooo cute!! It's great that he crafts with you :)
    Thank you so much for playing qith us at Lawnscaping challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yainea! We are in full party favor making mode here at owl central. :-D Love when the kids are involved. Your kind comment means a lot to me. Also, big smile on my son when I showed him your comment. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!