Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 1 of Copic Markers for Card Makers Online Class

I just got some Copic markers for my birthday this year, and I have done a little research on how to use them.  I am 50-50 successful with blending.  So when this class came up, I was so ready to sign up, especially when I had so much fun with the Stretch Your Stamps 2 class.  On Day 1 of Copic Markers for Card Makers class, we worked on blending techniques.  Some I knew about and some I have never tried.  I couldn't wait to test them out.

The panels on the card were die cut using Lil'Inker Stitched Rectangle dies and My Favorite Things Blueprint #13.  With some tips, I color these balloons and present with my Copic markers before fussy cutting them out and placing them onto my card with dimensionals.  I added the twine to the balloons and tape them at the end before placing the present on top of them to hide them.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments set.  I added Wink of Stella onto the balloons and bow before adding the glaze to the balloons.  I love the look of glitter embedded in the balloons.  
Can you tell what color markers I have?!  :-D  I am slowly building up my collection and suppliment my colorings with Spectrum Noir, Sharpies and Bic Mark It markers.  I am only using Copic markers for the class to learn more about using them.  

I find that I have a lot of luck with blending two colors.  I love the technique that Kelly taught with coloring the shadows first, especially since I tend to over color and it bleeds.  Also, when I tried to blend with three colors, it bled out.  I tried to be less heavy-handed and that helped.  The first day of class offered some great technique for blending that I've never tried before and already I felt the class is so worth it.

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana! This class is so awesome!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card, the parcel and balloons really pop.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment, Debby! They are so much fun to color.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!