Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 2 of Copic Markers for Card Makers and Celebrate!

On Day 2 of Copic Markers for Card Makers class, we learned other techniques for stretching the markers we have.  Since I just started my collection, I don't have a wide selection of markers.  You can see below my test runs on my practice sheet.  Anyway, I love the way the butterflies came out using the feathering technique and the idea of using colors that do not blend together is awesome.  So of course, I had to put them on a card.
I had created this background a while ago and never used it.  I stamped Hero Arts Flower Bursts Pattern background stamp with Versamark ink and heat embossed the clear embossing powder on it.  I used the blending tool to apply color onto the background.  After I colored the butterflies, I fussy cut them out.  Then I applied Wink of Stella on them before tracing the lines with a black Micron pen and placing them onto the card with dimensionals.  Tracing the lines really make the image pop as Kathy Racoosin suggested.  Love it!  Anyway, I stamped on a strip of cardstock with the sentiment from Hero Arts It's Your Day set and cut it at an angle before adhering it to the card with dimensionals.  I finished the card with sequins and curling the butterfly wings to give it even more dimension.  


Below is my practice sheet and I have to admit that my birds below look very "frankenstein-ish" to me.  My son commented that the second one looks like it has some kind of fungal chicken pox.  :-D  Oh well, what can you do with limited colors and I was experimenting.  Talk about experimentation gone wrong!  Ha!  :-D  I was also trying to explore some color combo.  Despite that, I had a fun time coloring.

I love the acetate blending technique, I find it easier than tip to tip blending since I can pick up a lot more ink. My second bird blended a lot better.  I used the feathering technique on the butterfly and love it.  It is really cool how two colors can blend together nicely.  I did practice some more with the tip to tip technique later and it came out better.

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS coloring on everything! Those butterflies came out awesome. Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheiron! I love the way the butterflies came out too. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!