Saturday, September 27, 2014

Day 3 of Copic Markers for Card Makers and Warm Wishes

I really enjoy Day 3 of Copic Markers for Card Makers class.  We used gray markers to create shadows.  Since I don't have a huge selection of markers, this was perfect for me.  Now I feel I can create dimension with markers where I have one or two in the color family.  Yay!  Did I mention that I am loving this class?!  ;-)  I had a lot of fun coloring these cups and had to put them on a card.
I did cheat a little here and used a Spectrum Noir marker green since I don't have any green Copics yet.  I layered my card base with pattern paper from Martha Stewart 6x6 Wonderland pad before adding the banner die cut made with My Favorite Things Blueprint #13.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts/Studio Calico Spread The Joy set and added the cups with dimensionals.  Then I finished the card by drawing in some steam at the top and adding a snowflake sequin.  My sons did want everyone to know that they were the one who suggested the steam coming off the cup.  It does look a lot better with them.  They are the experts!  :-)  Anyway, for some reason, the banner looks really crooked in the photo but not so much in real life.  It is really stuck on there so sorry if that really bothers you too.

I did struggle with getting some of the colors to blend, which meant quite a number of them bled out.  :-P  I felt when I just used a gray marker with another color, it worked out better.  I didn't over work it.  Though there were some colors, the gray looked weird on or didn't really show up.  I have been experimenting with different color combo to see what works best and having a great time doing it.


You might also like:

4 comments:

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!