Sunday, September 28, 2014

Day 4 of Copic Markers for Card Makers and Happiest of Birthdays

On Day 4 of Copic Markers for Card Makers class, we focused on light source.  After some practice, I colored one of my favorite floral stamp called Emily Rose Bouquet from Stampendous and placed it onto a card.
  After coloring the image, I stamped the sentiment from Fresh Squeezed Stamps Everyday Expressions and used the stitched rectangle die from Lil'Inker to cut it out.  I placed the card onto the card base with dimensionals.
I finished the card with Wink of Stella on the daisy and scattering sequins and pearls.  I love the look of the pearls on the sequins.
I love how Sandy Allnock breaks an image into different sections to color.  I have to admit that I did struggle with this lesson a bit.  I was getting frustrated with my blending and coloring.  I had to take a step back and not fuss over it.  After all, this is supposed to be fun and relaxing.  :-)  No worries, I did get back to coloring.  I normally use the technique that Jennifer Mcguire used of looking at an object front and center, so it was great to try out techniques from Sandy and Kristina Werner.  Anyway, with autumn in full force here, I thought I try making some leaves red, and as my son would say,"It was an epic failure!"  :-D  Oh well.  That's what practice sheets are for.  I did like my other flowers, especially giving texture to my flowers with flicking strokes.


You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. What a cool card - fabulous Copic colouring.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caryn! I love coloring this image.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!