Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 5 of Copic Makers for Card Makers and Have Fun

On Day 5 of Copic Markers for Card Makers class, we focused on hair and skin.  For the longest time, I have been avoiding coloring people images.  However, there are some images that I just could not resist.  Anyway, this ballerina created by Kristina Werner is just adorable.  I couldn't wait to color her.
After layering a strip of yellow polka cardstock on the bottom of the card base, I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant and Kelly Purkey in NYC set.  Love, love this song.  It never fails to put a smile on my face.  Use the blending tool to add blue to the top of the card.  This is an afterthought so I had to go around the stars.  Not as smooth as I like but it reminded more of the sky I saw the other day.  I placed the ballerina on the card with dimensionals.

I added a flower sequin with a pearl in her hair and star sequins in the background before rounding the top corners.  This was a super fun card to make and I absolutely love this ballerina!

I did experiment with darker colors for skin tone which I have never done before, especially since I had the combo that works for me.  So it was fun to try it out.  I think this class made me more willing to try out different combinations.  If it doesn't work, no big deal.  I am definitely getting more comfortable with these markers.  I have to admit that I have watched some of the videos over and over again to incorporate some techniques I did not get a chance to try.

You might also like:

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! I love this ballerina! She is so much fun to color.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, beautiful ballerina card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby! Love that ballerina.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruby! I love the way it came out too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!