Monday, September 15, 2014

Season's Greetings

It's that time of the year or seems to be.  It seems like everywhere I've been looking, I see signs of Christmas.  Everyone also seems to be creating holiday cards too.  I didn't think I would but I couldn't resist when I saw this background challenge by Simon Says Stamp.  This is a classic scene for me and Honey told me that this is my best card.  Hmmm...I'm not sure how to receive that comment because what about my other cards?!  :-D  Anyway, I love birch trees and wish we have some on our property but I guess I will settle for creating them.  ;-)

I used the blending tool and Distress inks(Concord Grape, Peacock Feather and  Broken China) to create the background.  Then I used birch tree stencil that I cut with my Sihouette Cameo and applied embossing paste on both sides of the card.  I cut a strip of white cardstock to look like snow hills and stamped the sentiment Simon Says Stamp Holiday Hellos.  I stamped the deers from Papertrey Ink In The Meadow on the card and on a separate white cardstock to be fussy-cut.


I mounted the snowhills with dimensionals and glued on the deer to the hill.  To finish the card, I use a white gel pen and drew dots on top of the card to create stars.

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning - that background sky turned out amazing!!

    Thanks joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!