Monday, September 8, 2014

Sunflowers Birthday Wishes

I always love impressionistic paintings, so when I saw this video from Christy of watercolored poppy, it reminded me very much of that.  I catalog the card as something that I wanted to CASE and finally have the time now to try it out.  Looking at pumpkins in my garden reminded me of sunflowers since they go together for me, especially in the fall.  So I thought I try this with the sunflowers from Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows set.  This was a simple card to make, and even though it was time consuming, it was very relaxing.
I stamped the sunflowers with Distress Frayed Burlap ink and mask off an area for my sentiment.  I used various Distress ink to color in the sunflowers and then the background.  I stamped the sentiment from My Sentiment Exactly! in the masked off area.
I love banner that was created through masking.  It gives it an illusion of dimension but so easy to mail.



Challenges/Giveaway:
- Lawnscaping One Layer Challenge




You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I hope you framed this. It's incredible! Thanks so much for playing along with us Lawnscaping gals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, thanks to you, I have a big giant smile plastered on my face! Your comment totally made my day and possibly week! Thank you!๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!