Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 6 of Copic Markers for Card Makers and Hugs

I know that I am way behind on my class homework, and even viewing the videos.  Life happens.  Anyway, on Day 6 of Copic Markers for Card Makers class, we focused on creating textures and coloring animals.  If you follow me, you know that I am a big fan of Lawn Fawn, so I was delighted to be coloring their critters for this class.  I just love this dog that was slightly enlarged for the class.  This puppy is just toooo cute!

I kept it simple and layered the card with pattern papers from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad.  Then I cut a tag and stamped part of the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Apothecary Labels set.  I used Lawn Fawn Quinn's Capital ABC's set for the rest of the sentiment and colored it in with B12 and B14.  Then I placed the tag and dog on with dimensionals.
I used Copic markers: E00,E11,E13, B12, B14 on the dog.  I finished the card with Wink of Stella and glaze on the word "HUGS" and sequins scattered on the card.
I have to admit that I was delighted by all the information, but at the same time a little overwhelmed at where to start.  I must have watched the videos several times to get some of the techniques before I even start.  I had to walk away from it a few times after just coloring the animals before I decide what texture to create.  I still have not tried everything yet, but having lifetime access to videos is great for that dilemma.  I love coloring in both the fox and dog.  The blue fox reminds me of a character from Dr.Seuss.  So much fun!

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love how you colored the dog, and the pattern papers are perfect! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha! I love coloring this dog. He is just too darn cute!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh amazing card!! I love the glossy letters and your coloring is great!

    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yainea! I love Lawn Fawn's letters.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!