Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Day 7 of Copic Markers for Card Makers and Happy Birthday

On Day 7 of Copic Markers for Card Makers class, we focused on difficult colors, particularly red, gray and black.  I love this flower from Kristina Werner.  If you don't know it already, I am a big fan of her work.  She just oozes talent in everything she does.  It was actually her videos that got me hooked back into card making again and inspires so much.  Anyway, coloring these flowers were a lot of fun.  I love the red combo (R24,R29,R39) that I discovered while taking this class and couldn't wait to put them onto a card.

For this card, I layered the cardbase with a die cut stitched rectangle onto the side.  I used a tag cut from my Silhouette Cameo in vellum, and stamped and embossed the sentiment from Hero Arts Many Birthday Messages set.

I placed a ribbon on the tag and tied a bow around the ribbon before adhering the tag at one end.  I placed the flowers onto the card with dimensionals and finished the card with sequins.

I love using gray and red on these flowers.  I got my yellow and green blending trio Copic markers right before I made this card so it was perfect for my flowers.  Call me weird but I avoid using black if I can.   Using the color black seem so unforgiving if I make a mistake since I can't blend it to try to fix it, but it's not so bad after I tried it on this vampire robot.  This image took me a while to color but I really loved the way it came out.  Sandy Allnock is the queen of coloring with Copics and I learned so much from her video in coloring this robot. 

Challenges/Giveaway:
-Copic Markers for Card Makers online class
You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!