Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 9 of Copic Markers For Card Makers and Nativity

On Day 9 of Copic Markers for Card Makers class, we focused on creating backgrounds with Copic.  I've never used my Copic for background, so it was interesting all that you can do.  I was a little timid about doing this because coloring a larger section was a little intimidating and frankly, a lot of ink is being used.  Anyway, I used my Lil'Inker die to cut around this image from Simon Says Stamp Nativity set to limit the size.  I love this set from Simon Says Stamp; especially the image and the sentiments.  I knew the moment I saw it that it was a must-have set.  
After stamping the holy family, I used a Spellbinder circle die to draw a partial cirle for the halo.  I color the family first before I moved onto the halo and background.
I layered the image with black cardstock and stamped the sentiment before popping up the image with dimensionals on to the card base.  I erase the partial circle and used a clear glitter pen to draw a partial circle where the pencil was.  I love how halo now have a golden shine now.
For the inside, I kept it simple by stamping the star and sentiment.  I colored the star with Copics and the same glitter pen.

Challenges/Giveaway:
-Copic Markers for Card Makers online class


You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!