Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Hoot Hoot Hooray Pop-Up Birthday Card

I still love owls.  We sometimes hear them and we actually spotted one flying away one night this summer.  I am always in awe when I spot them in nature.  One night there was one really close to us and then we heard some thumps and screeching, which not only woke us up but kept us up for a few hours.  I guess the owl was on the hunt and caught dinner.  Just imagine all these sounds in complete darkness and waking up to them.  Ahhh, gotta love life in the country.  :-)   
I layered a card base with pattern paper from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine pad.  Then I stamped an owl from Fresh Squeezed Stamps on kraft and white cardstocks before fussy cutting the eyes and owl out.  I stamped the sentiment on a thin strip of cardstock and cut ribbon tails before adding both the owl and sentiment to the card with dimensionals.
For the inside, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a pop-up sentiment that I modified.  I still love pop-up cards!


You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. I love owls, too! Your interactive card is awesome! I also love that you used kraft card stock for the owl! The added dimensions and use of pattern paper are superb! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Get Crafty” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Virginia! I'm so excited that you stopped by my blog! Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!