Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Envelope Box of Simple Notecards

If you follow me, you know that I have been struggling with my mojo.  I have been a bit preoccupied, especially as I approach another crossroad in my life.  I have been lucky to stay at home to raise my boys, but I always have the expectation of going back to work once they are older, mainly because I enjoyed the challenge of my work.  So along with the need to get in shape and taking an online class, I just don't have the time I used to have.  Along with reorganizing and de-cluttering my house before I don't really have time to do that, life have been busy.  This is a good thing since I have to be mindful of the expense of this hobby that have grown quite a bit in the last couple of years.  I have been avoiding haul videos and product release videos to help with that because they are dangerous for me.  I always wonder how people who have monthly haul videos do it because I would be flat broke all the time.  I guess you have to choose your vices.  :-)  Also, most importantly, I don't want to be hoarder of craft goods that are rarely used (the de-cluttering process is definitely putting me in this state of mind).  I find that after waiting a month, I do find myself asking, "Can I make do with what I have" or "Do I really need it" and it helps.  I liked it when Jennifer McGuire post the question of coming up with 5 different ways to use the product before buying it when crafting was just her hobby.  Though sometimes, I like the images so much, all rules are thrown out.  :-D  Anyway, with keeping the holidays simple and making use of my supplies, I  made some set of note cards with my Martha Stewart's snowflake punch.  I haven't use my punches since I got my dies.  I have been trying harder to use what I have ever since I took the online card class, Stretch Your Stamps 2.  I feel like a major change have come over me recently, and it is affecting all areas of my life, including crafting.  Anyway, back to the project, I love how simple and awesome this snowflake look in glitter paper.     
I layered a white cardbase with blue cardstock that I stamped the sentiment from TPC Studio.  Then I punch several snowflakes on white cardstock and one on glitter paper and glue them all together.  I love making embellishment this way.  I glued the snowflake onto the card and then placed a gem in the center to finish it off.
I did the same thing with the card below except I used the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Thanks set.
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the envelope box from the Silhouette online store.  I adhered pattern paper from Recollections Winter Woodland 12x12 pad to the front of the box.

I made another snowflake embellishment and partially glue it so that the flap can be tucked into it for closure.



Challenges/Giveaway:
- Simon Says...Anything Goes Challenge

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Love your fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda look at my first post it has a challenge at UNIKO Studio and your card can be joined there too...so sweet images on the BOX and so simple blue card you made..
    if you like we have a sketch challenge too at House Of Cards..see my left side of my blog klick HOC badge there and you can see the sketch challengen from HOC till end of November Linda..
    Sorry not promotion but you should join challenge your cards are all adorable and could be a winner too Linda...hugs and kisses from your new friend, Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monika! I will look into UNIKO Studio challenge, they look interesting. I'm still new to all the different challenges out there. Thanks for the heads up. I saw your House of Cards quickly too and meant to go back when I have more time. I try to do at least one challenge a week and most of the time, I don't have time to do more. Thanks for your sweet comment about my cards. I am truly flattered. Hugs and happy crafting to you!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!