Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Holidays with Poinsettia

I have been drawn to simple cards lately and when I got this poinsettia die from Simon Says Stamp, I knew I wanted to make a simple card showcasing it.  I have been searching for a poinsettia for a while that I liked so when Simon Says Stamp release this die in September, it was a must have for me.  I thought of making this card the moment I got it and it has been back logged until now.
I die cut the poinsettia once on green cardstock and once on red cardstock.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp With Clearly Besotted Holly Berries on a white card stock and assembled the poinsettia onto the card.  I also curled the leaves a little to give it more dimension before adhering it on with dimensionals.  Then I layered a white card base with the card and added pearls to the poinsettia that I colored yellow with Copic marker.
Love this poinsettia die from Simon Says Stamp and the simplicity of this card.


You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Fab Cas design and great idea to curl the leaves. Thanks for joining us at Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandie! So glad my blogging friend suggested Uniko Challenge to me.

      Delete
  2. Simple, elegant and fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS perfection :) Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!